International Student Career Fair
University of Manitoba
University Centre, 2nd Floor
October 16, 2015
2:00 pm -7:00 pm
The 1st annual International Student Career Fair, held at the University of Manitoba, will connect hiring companies with qualified and professional international job seekers in the Greater Winnipeg area. We are expecting over 40 exhibitors, and 1000 attendees from all around the world.
- Learn about possible career paths for international students
- Attend informative sessions to gain knowledge about the Canadian job force
- Connect with local businesses and companies by viewing and interacting with their exhibits
- Collect applications and drop off resumes, transcripts, and portfolios to share with prospective employers
- Meet and interact with students from around the world
- Hand out applications and/or receive resumes to recruit international students for current or future job positions
- Gain exposure for your business or company
A highlight of the International Student Career Fair will be the informative sessions that will be taking place hourly from 3pm to 6pm throughout the event.
Time: 2:15 pm – 3:00 pm
Subject: Working in Canada
Speaker: Marianela Avendano, Manitoba START
In the Canadian workplace, diversity is valued. Many businesses have a diverse workforce with varying skill sets, personalities, and perspectives. This is especially true in Manitoba. Manitoba’s diversity contributes to the innovation and success of many businesses. As a newcomer, you may encounter cultural differences that are different from your native country. Knowing these differences is important to the success of many newcomers in the Canadian workforce. Come learn more about how Manitoba Start can assist you in reaching your employment goals in Canada.
Time: 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Subject: Resume Improvement
Speaker: Michael Hepples, Robert Half
Want to learn how to craft a compelling cover letter and resume that will land you an interview? Then this session is for you! This presentation discusses the attributes of strong resumes and cover letters, and common mistakes to avoid.
Time: 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm
Subject: Interview Tips
Speaker: Courtney Czezowski and Sharon Mak, Pinnacle Staffing Agency
Congratulations! You’ve landed a job interview…Now what?
This is the step that many job seekers trip over. They think they can coast to a job offer if they have been invited to a job interview. Often, that costs them a hard-earned opportunity. Don’t make the same mistake! Pinnacle will cover three key steps to help you be well-prepared for your job interview: Interview preparation, Interview practice, Interview performance.
Time: 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Subject: MPNP and International Students
Speaker: Jon Concepcion, Manitoba Labor and Immigration
Reviewing current Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) criteria and recent changes and how they affect international students.
Time: 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm
Subject: Tips on Study & Post Work Permits
Speaker: Randy Boldt (ICCRC)
This session will tell you more about tips of immigration and Study & Post Work Permits.
Time: 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
Subject: Networking, Social & Experience Sharing
List of Exhibitors
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
- Altima Telecom
- A.PLUS Management Consulting
- Bison Transport
- Bockstael Construction
- Canadian International Education Service Centre
- City of Winnipeg
- Daily Travel
- Epic Opportunities
- Heartland Chartered Accountants LLP.
- JC Wins
- Manitoba Chinese Community Centre
- Manitoba Government Civil Service Commission
- Manitoba Labour and Immigration
- Manitoba START
- Mercedes Benz Winnipeg
- Investors Group
- IDO Media and Print
- Patal Vocational School
- Pinnacle Staffing Agency
- Raicare Canada Inc.
- RBC Royal Bank
- Robert Half
- SHAW Communications
- Signature Homes
- Streetside Developments
- The Korea Times
- Visamax Ltd.
- Wenbo Group
- World Trade Centre Winnipeg
- Yizhan Property Management
- Youth Employment Services
- Atlific Hotels
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Bardal Funeral Home
- Beal Consultants
- Best Western Hotels
- Canada Inns
- CIBC Bank
- Entrepreneurship Manitoba
- Global Education
- Imagine Hallmark Homes
- Pitblado LLP
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Porsche Centre Winnipeg
- St. James VW Audi
- Terry Duguid Liberal Candidate
- The UPS Store
- Ventura Homes
- 103.1 Virgin Radio
- We Communications West Inc.
Parking is available in the University Parkade on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The University Parkade is located north of the Helen Glass Centre for Nursing and attached to University Centre. Payment for parking can be made by cash, VISA or MasterCard at the Pay Station on the second floor of the Helen Glass Centre, or by credit card only at the exit gate.
The parkade may be busy, so you may want to consider alternate means of transportation such as taxis, car pooling, or consider other parking options on campus.